POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
9 Oct 2024 19:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Feb 2009 07:41:11
Message: <498ed2e7$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>     So what's your FPS? Bring the console down in-game, and type:
> r_displayinfo 1

I swam onto the beach at the beginning of the game, and got about 40
FPS. If you swing the camera around enough for motion blur to kick in,
it drops slightly, but not much. Night vision appears to make no difference.

The cutscene where they find Astec dropped to about 18 FPS. Some really
large scenic vistas take it as low as 15 FPS (though curiosly an entire
frame full of dense jungle is no problem, only long-range views).
Typically the framerate stays above 25 FPS, which is all the monitor can
physically display anyway, so I'm happy.

This is at 1680x1050 (the native resolution of my LCD) with everything
set to "high" plus 8x antialias.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/